Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Public Transport

A poor student who only goes around the campus with her scooter, Jeremy and take public transports outside the campus.

RapidKL buses, LRTs, Monorail, Metrobus... name it... I'm taking them all...

The story is after I went to Nilai with my brother and his girlfriend on yesterday, I stayed with my cousin in her parents apartment in Bandar Sri Permaisuri, Cheras, KL and around 4 this evening, I took her with me and fetched her mom from her workplace - Swiss Garden Hotel, and headed to downtown nearby Pudu Station, to buy some fabrics for the bridesmaids. We bought like 22 metres of plain fabrics, just for the upper dress and decided to find different fabrics for the lower parts.

Around 7, we went to Mid Valley and my brother called me to meet up there and I bought midnight movie tickets for them... While waiting for my brother, we all went to MPH and get some books and novels. I checked out some latest releases by Francis D.K. Ching at the Architecture sections. I also found a very simple and small book on vocabulary for Urban and Regional Planning, published by bunch of KAED students of the Urban and Regional Planning Department under IIUM. Simple yet very meaningful.

After that, we had some snacks at Secret Recipe and around 8.45, my Aunt and cousin took their leave. As my brother arrived a little before that, we decided to go around the mall, trying to get some ideas what we want to buy for the engagement presents.

I accompanied them both to the Food Junction and had some western foods. I took my leave around 10 as i don't want to miss my curfew. I was at the station exactly at 10.05 and I looked at electronic board. The next train to KL Sentral was scheduled at 10.30. I pulled out my iPod Classic, the only option I got as both my iPhone and iPad already went off batteries since this morning. Tuned to a K-Pop playlist - K-Party!

Of course, I waited till 10.30 but there was no sign of the train. The board went on blinking for few seconds. the time changed to 10.40 p.m. Fine. I waited some more. After 10 minutes, there was still no sign of the train.

Again, the board went on blinking and the time changed again to 10.50 p.m. What!?@!

Thank God, the train arrived and it took only 5 minutes to reach KL Sentral. I quickly hopped off the train and rushed to next station, bought the LRT ticket to Gombak. As I arrived in Gombak station at exact 11. 35 p.m., I went outside the station and it was raining heavily. The only option to go back to campus was via the cab. I arrived in the campus at 11.55 p.m. Phew!

Moral of the story, get a car.


Signing out!
V
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment